in case of emergency situations, banglalink customers will be able to dial *321*5# and sms asking for help will be sent (containing the customer’s current location) to previously defined emergency contact persons. the customer’s current location would be automatically included in the sms through bangalink’s location based service.
how to send
subscribers can store the number *321*5# as speed dial. when in emergency situation requiring help, subscribers will just dial the stored speed dial number.
- the service will be available through menu accessible by dialing *321#:
– add number
– delete number
– view numbers
– ask for help
- you are required to register through the menu by dialing *321# (or *321*1#). you will be charged tk. 10 (excluding vat) as subscription fee.
- after registration, you will be able to add 3 mobile numbers (free of charge) as emergency contacts to whom the sms will be sent. for adding, they will dial *321*2#.
- registered subscribers will be able to delete the added mobile numbers (free of charge) from their emergency contact list. to delete, they will have to dial *321*3#.
- you will be able to see added mobile numbers (free of charge) by dialing *321*4#.
- you are advised to store the number *321*5# as speed dial. when help is required during an emergency, just dial the stored speed dial number or *321*5# and the following sms will be sent to their previously added contact mobile numbers:
- “i am in trouble and need your help immediately! my current location is near
. please help!“
- you will be able to add a maximum of 3 numbers in your emergency contact list
- you will be able to make an attempt to add or remove emergency numbers in your list only once every month (month will be calculated every 30 days from date of registration).
- you can use the banglalink emergency *321# service twice a day.
- registration will be charged at tk. 10 (sd + vat + sc will be applicable).
- there will be no charge for the other operations (add, delete, etc).
- registration fee is a one time cost.