now block all unwanted callers!
do you often see yourself taking calls you don’t want to? well, you can now block all unwanted callers with banglalink call block service.
how to use
sms “start” to 8181 to subscribe to call block service. once you have subscribed successfully you can do the following,
- can create a “blacklist” of callers whom you don’t want to talk to i.e. the numbers added to the blacklist would not be able to disturb you.
- can create a “whitelist” by which you can choose the selected few who can call you – rest of the all number would not be able to call. this feature comes handy when you are travelling with your international roaming option activated.
- have the option of shuffling between whitelist and blacklist. however you can choose only one option at a time.
- can add 10 free numbers to your blacklist / whitelist after subscribing.
- can have sms notification to inform you blocked caller’s number and time of call.
- can deactivate /activate the service feature anytime without unsubscribing the service.
sms syntax of the service
|type of command||syntax||example|
|to add number to blacklist||add msisdn bl||add 0191xxxxxxx bl|
|to see current blacklist||view bl||view bl|
|to delete number from blacklist||del msisdn bl||del 0191xxxxxxx bl|
|to add number to whitelist||add msisdn wl||add 0191xxxxxxx wl|
|to see current whitelist||view wl||view wl|
|to delete a number from whitelist||del msisdn wl||del 0191xxxxxxx wl|
|to see current active list||view||view|
|switch to whitelist||switch wl||switch wl|
|switch to blacklist||switch bl||switch bl|
|to know keywords||help||help|
|to deactivate the features||off cf||off cf|
|to reactivate the features||on cf||on cf|
|to get the filtered call log||get||get|
sms short code: 8181
- subscription fee: tk. 15/15days (sd + vat + sc will be applicable)
- adding number to blacklist/whitelist: tk. 5/number (after first 10 free numbers) (sd + vat + sc will be applicable)
- sms charge applicable
frequently asked questions
1. how do i choose my ’screening condition’? can i have both ’black list’ and ’white list’ condition activated at the same time?
ans. the screening conditions are based on the active list present for a subscriber. if a subscriber is having active blacklist the numbers present in the black list will be screened. if the subscriber is having active white list, the numbers which are not in the white list will be screened. a subscriber can have only one list either white or black list as his/her active list
2. will black list be selected as my default screening condition if i subscribed to the service and add numbers to white list in the beginning?
ans. subscribers newly subscribing to call block will be enabled with active black list by default. he/she has to first start adding numbers to the black list to start screening the numbers. if the active list is black list and no numbers are present then none of the calls will be screened. adding of white list number does not carry any meaning in this condition
3. how can i check which ’screening condition’ i am belonging to at the moment?
ans. you can send keyword “view” to 8181 for getting the present active list.
4. what will happen if my condition is set to ’black list’ but there are no numbers added to my black list?
ans. all the calls will be allowed.
5. what will happen if my condition is set to ’white list’ but there are no numbers added to my white list?
ans. since the subscriber is in active white list and no numbers are present in the white list no body will be able to reach the subscriber.
6. maximum how many numbers can i add to my black/white list?
ans. you can add as many as 15 numbers in your black/white list.
7. what will happen if i try to enter an incomplete number to black/white list?
ans. if a subscriber adds a number in an incomplete manner (example: 01927) to his/her black list and the subscriber has an active black list, this entry will be taken as a wild card entry and the range number range 1927* will be blocked and any call from number starting with 1927 will be blocked.
8. how frequently can i update my black/white list (i.e. add/delete numbers)? is there any minimum waiting period before the changes are made?
ans. there is no waiting time for the changes to get updated. the number addition and deletion are immediate.
9. maximum how many numbers can i add/delete at once?
ans. a subscriber can add/delete only one number at a time.
10. can i block/allow numbers from other mobile networks or any types of phone numbers e.g. pstn, international numbers (i.e. mobile and land phone)?
ans. yes you can block calls from other mobile networks by adding the number into your black list (example: 017xxxxxxxx, 018xxxxxxxx etc). same way you can add any pstn or international numbers (number with isd code and area code).
11. will my black/white list remain if i un-register from the service and then reregister later?
ans. the list entry will be deleted when the subscriber unsubscribed from the system
12. do i need to use any special handset?
ans. subscriber can use any handset that supports sms.
13. does my handset need any type of configuration?
ans. no configurations are required in the handset
14. can i use or activate call block service (black/white list) while roaming?
ans. the call block service can be used while roaming also.